Everyone around me seem to be eagerly anticipating 2009. I however have yet to get excited about the new year, I'm at the point of its coming whether I want it to or not.
2008 was the year I eagerly anticipated. I had so much to look forward to and so much to leave behind in 2007.
This year has been a blur, a great and fantastic blur but a blur none the same. I graduated college, made great and new friends (never an easy task for me), and further my walk. putting it this way sounds like so little but really it was quite a lot. I have lived in a GT bubble this year, not sure what the point of that statement was but it has been enjoyable. I have truly learned what having a church home and family means.
I believe this year has been a year of spiritual growth and Thanksgiving. I have no idea what 2009 has in store for me but 2008 has indeed been great.
I guess my problem is there was a tangible goal to anticipate in 2008 and now that I have graduated I don't have anymore tangible goals. whats in store? a great job for me? a great job for David? a baby? I don't know, I know God knows and that's something I've been working on being ok with not knowing the next 5 steps, and for a planner/control freak like me that is very difficult to do indeed.
ok enough rambling...2008 soon to be out, 2009 in. Anticipating what for the new year? God's plan, that is more than enough to anticipate, even if it isn't tangible to me.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment