Monday, December 1, 2008

In the beginning

So I've started a blog. I've tried the myspace blog and I've tried notes with facebook but I thought I would try this now.

My life is not really anywhere I thought it would be at the age of 25 on the cusp of 26. This isn't a bad thing, just interesting to see where I've ended up

God has been doing some amazing things in my life this year. Last year was just awful and I think I've been doing a lot of growing. I am happy, I'm happily married, I've completed my education and I have been blessed with great friends and an amazing church family. I need to remind myself of this often, especially when I find out someone I went to high school with has just put in an offer and gotten a house, or is having a baby or is completing their masters degree. I am happy, I'm geographically where God wants me and I'm closer and closer to the complete path he has for me. no use in comparing my life to others, that's Gods plan for them, not for me.

lets see if this experiment works out. this is important now because more and more I am hearing God and forgetting it and it needs to be recorded so I don't forget how blessed I am.

1 comment:

Irene Joy said...

Hey! I'm totally with you on the whole thing about comparing myself with others. It's like life becomes this big competition and I think every one is just trying to prove how much better they are than me. In reality it's problem only me competing and making myself so miserable. Once I stop and think about where and what God wants me to be doing and hold on to that it's this big weight off my chest and I can just breathe.

I did the blog experiment too! I think I started about a year ago and I've recently started going through my archives and it really illustrates how far I've come with certain things in my life and where I've taken steps back. If anything it's like a journal that gives you feed back! You can always go back and reread peoples advice.

Can't wait to get to know you!