Tuesday, July 28, 2009

stewardship

something that I was going over almost a year ago has come back to me now and its a way to name a yearning I've had lately.

I'm part of a women's group that teaches a program I guess you would call it, the name of this program is the Home Experience. its about having and bringing God back to the center of your home and family, but its oh so much more than that. its about the home in general, your role as wife. I guess its kinda like home ec for the christian crowd. but even that description doesnt give it justice

well one of the lessons is the use what you have principle. its all about using what you have both spiritual gifts and physical things for the glory of God. Being stewards of what he has blessed us with.

well flashing forward to about a week ago I had this overwhelming urge to feed people, specifically having big Sunday family dinners. first the thought was just to have it be an open ended thing for friends, invite people make alot of food and whoever comes, comes. well then I got more specific and have come to the conclusion that it can be that but I really need to invite the interns from church. single guys that live at the church and despite having a residence, dont really have a home. to cook for them,maybe watch a movie or play apples to apples or other such game. to give them the sense of home they don't have as they currently serve the Lord. I know most of them now don't really cook and its gotta get tiresome being in such a big place, eating sandwiches and frozen meals.

the word stewardship came to mind and that's what I'm having such an overwhelming desire to be, a steward of the home I have, despite it being small and not really having matching dishes I have the ability to cook and open this home I am continually blessed to keep with to others. yes this is my residence, my home but really it is Gods home and these men are my brothers in Christ and I need to bless them as God blesses me.

oh goodness i don't know what the point of this is or if maybe I just sound crazy but I am soo excited about this thought and cant wait till it comes to fruition

1 comment:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I love it! I think it's a fabulous idea! I know when I was living in the dorms I really appreciated off campus people having me over for a home cooked meal. Not exactly the same thing, but a similar principle.