Thursday, September 24, 2009

I need more hands

a friend asked me last night if there was something I didn't currently have my hand it right now, and really the answer was no.

the problem is I cant seem to say "no"
add that to I have the compulsion for adding things myself, without being asked when I'm already barely treading water in the time management issue.

like I invited some interns from church over for Sunday dinner. something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but really did I need to start this week? no

and we're helping some friends move on Saturday, granted we were asked. well we were asked via facebook/email. I really should have and could have said no, but did i? no

what I really need to be doing Saturday which I will be doing on top of the moving (with what time I don't know) is making my house presentable for guests, it currently looks like an lavender eye pillow sweat shop. I have fabric, lavender and flax seed everywhere. oh and I have to shop, because you know having food to serve would be helpful.

oh and then Sunday before people arrive for dinner I have to go over to my pastors house to fill goody bags for next weeks women's retreat. which I still have 18 more eye pillows to make for it. 85 total, feeewww I be glad when that projects over.

my life is full. I love it this way, I have way more of a life and am way more content with said life then I ever was in my hometown.
I just need to learn to slow down, say no, and not add stuff to an already full, overflowing plate.

or find a way to get paid for just being me, not having to work would free up a whole lot of time

No comments: