I did the kind of shopping I would love to do all the time today.a couple extra things to make an every day meal a little special.A block from the BART in my new neighborhood is this fancy shmancy organic grocery store. Ive walked passed it dozens of times but never gone in. I was thinking about what to make for dinner and what I had on hand and decided on a frittata.
I had everything I needed to put in it but decided I wanted a little bit of spinach and maybe some bread. So I wandered in and being that it was dinner time it was quite busy. I didn't explore that much, but I did notice that they have beans and grains and other bulk items for not that much more than my cheap produce market I go to. I came out for under 5 bucks with spinach, a fresh baguette (nice and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside) and tomato to add to salad makings I already had and spinach.
My husband said to me last night, we have no food. Ha! granted my normal shopping and cooking schedule has been thrown off because I was out of town, in town and out off town again all with in 2 weeks. but with almost everything I had on hand (and really it could have been everything, I just wanted to add a couple of extra touches) I now have a frittata in the oven. it has roasted peppers, spinach, white corn, sausage, garlic, and feta cheese. not half bad for having no food if I do say so myself. served with a side salad and crusty baguette.
It's a beautiful (clear!) San Francisco evening, with just a touch of a breeze. I have an amazing husband, a cozy apartment that's slowly coming together and a God who is oh so amazing that I thank for my home at every meal.
If only I could always remember this moment, and to always in every situation be content in my now
1 comment:
Sounds good! TX weather is near 100 today! Wish I was in California!! Jenn
Post a Comment