what makes marriages work? what makes soooo many of them not work?
My own marriage has been for the most part very easy. we've had our share of difficulties and when talking about it with David the other day we're having a harder time of it now financially then we did when we were both on strike but I think we're happier now then we where then. We were crazy happy then because we had only been married less than 6 months, but now its the long lasting happiness and not the newlywed bliss. But for the most part our marriage has been easy and I am so thankful for that everyday.
and for my husband. oh how I love him. The love grows everyday and it makes me sappy. But especially lately to see how his relationship with God has grown and how he has grown as a man, I am so proud of him.
but the question is why has it been so easy? my mom made a comment to a friend of mine a couple of years ago about our marriage that I had totally forgotten about until recently and i think its part of it. it was something along the lines of David and I just let each other be. yes we share our lives together but we also leave plenty of room for each of us to still be who we are as individuals, we give each other space it was I think my mom was getting at.
and its true we do that. yes he drives me crazy when he comes in to the room I'm in when I'm on the phone no matter who it is, and i drive it him crazy when I come up behind him chewing without realising it. but we still immensely enjoy spending time together and doing random old married couple stuff. and we talk about things when its uncomfortable and we're both ridiculously messy people who neither one of us got the neat freak gene from our parents, but we make it work and the dishes always get washed eventually.
and i don't even know what the point of this is. I Love my husband and and am thankful for him and cant believe 6 years has already flown by, well almost.
1 comment:
You guys are definitely blessed by both being messy. One messy person and one not messy person is no bueno... as you can probably tell. Thanks for writing this. I heart you.
Post a Comment