Wednesday, October 21, 2009

getting healthy

so I'm overweight. I'm aware of this but until this year haven't done anything about it.

slowly but surely Ive been working on eating healthier. it started with the fast we had at church, it jumpstarted my motivation to healthier cooking.

fast forward to now and now I'm trying to work on the physical activity party of it. Ive been more physically active in the last year or so then I have in many years but I need more purpose to it.

Toni did this thing over the summer, couch to 5k that Im now trying out with a friend that I normally walk with. she also struggles with her weight and wanting to get healthy so she's a good person to keep each other accountable with.

Today was the first day. I think I liked it. its intervals of walking and running and as of right now we arnt running for any amount of time that ever feels like " am i done yet? I cant do this, i dont want to do this, why am i doing this?"

so yes day one to a healthier me.

now I just need a more variety of recipes and to stay committed. I can do this.

1 comment:

anymommy said...

One day at a time. You are awesome for making the commitment to healthier eating and living!