Friday, October 30, 2009

Things are looking up

I have an interview Tuesday. not just any ole interview, an interview for a job that would actually be using my degree, amazing.

its at a youth program i volunteered at for almost a year. the person doing the interview was not only my supervisor while I volunteered by she is also a fellow alumni of not only my college but the same program I went through. The position title is Site Administrator. its a combination of office work and assisting the youth in their after school program. its 20-30 hours a week with the potential to go full time.

I'm trying not to get too excited. but it would be the answer to so many prayers.

Hope, I'm sticking with hope. actually that was in my cover letter, well Hope was. I had to talk about one of the virtues the programs holds dear and why I chose it, i went with hope. always go with hope.

yesterday we got a card in the mail from some good friends who have recently just gone through the struggle with unemployment along with a check. it was so sweet, and touching and I cried. the gesture meant so much to me and only reaffirms to me more that we have awesome friends and an awesome church family

good day today on top of the call back for the interview. a walk on the beach with perfect weather,baked cookies and had a blast at the talent show my church had tonight. it was hilarious.

ok,I think its time for bed

No comments: