This weekend we had the privilege of hosting two boys from Uganda. They were part of the Children of the world choir that visits our church each year.I was called Friday morning and the church was in a frenzy because they didn't have enough host families. Me being me said yes without even thinking or consulting David . and of course me being me panicked as soon as I hung up at realised what I had done. Then I went into a flurry of cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping in preparation of their arrival, all the while thinking what am I going to with 2 boys for an entire weekend?
overall the weekend went well. We had Swaibu (11) and Shadrach (8). we played Lego's, massive amounts of uno(which Swaibu liked to cheat at) went to the movies and took the "train"(BART) to a near by town and wandered around the mall. there were only a couple times where Shadrach broke down and pouted because he didn't get his way but overall they were well behaved, ate all their food, including massive amounts of ketchup with almost everything i served and generally were well behaved, good natured, smiled and laughed alot and called David and I "Auntie and Uncle" it was a good experience and I'm glad I agreed even before I thought of the ramifications.
today at church all the kids performed and it was great, I cried and admired on like a proud mama. It makes me even more impatient to have my own. I wish we were in a position right now to sponsor a child of our own through World Help (http://www.worldhelp.net/) there are so many needy children out there and in the grand scheme of things $30 a month is not that much. someday we will though and I will know exactly where the money is going, to awesome and deserving children.
(Swaibu is in the background and Shadrach is in the foreground)
No comments:
Post a Comment