Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meal Plan Monday (on a Thursday)

so my bestest oldest friend has recently embarked on journey towards vegetarianism and has inspired me to take my own taking meat out of my diet to the next level

you should check it out http://newveginnings.blogspot.com/ (how do i make links pretty, so you don't see the whole link,anyone?)

so in light of this new dietary inspiration I went to the grocery store today as I am more or less out of thanksgiving leftovers

so here is my meals for the next few days in no particular order

crock pot pulled pork and peppers ala tempeh served with bake sweet potato fries ( this is an experiment on substitution for a previous meat filled recipe I love)

Nutty Lentil loaf with pecans

eggplant parmesan (I will conquer my fear of eggplant)

roasted peppers and pesto sandwiches oven baked with parmesan

I'm quite excited

2 comments:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

The sandwiches sound heavenly. I've been toying with the idea of roasting my own peppers. I think when they go on sale around here I might try it. And let me know how the Nutty Lentil Loaf turns out. I'm very curious about it. love ya!

Mama said...

When you are posting a blog, you select the text you want to turn into a link, then you click the little "world with what looks like binoculars" button (somewhere next to the spell check). Then a box will pop up and you paste the url into it. Hope this makes sense.