Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pesto and Peppers

I made roasted red and yellow peppers, mushroom and pesto sandwiches sprinkled with Parmesan for dinner last night.

They turned out delicious, even Jackson said he would eat them again and he's not a huge pesto lover. I personally thought I put a tad too much pesto ( I cant believe there is such a thing) but that would be easy enough to fix when I make them again. I would also like them on a different bread, but all we had were hamburger buns, which were fine but I imagine them more on a baguette or ficacia, ooh or the herb slab from acme bakery down at the ferry building, I love their fresh bread.

we had to leave for youth group early so we ate at the early bird special hour of 4:00, but they held their own and I wasnt hungry untill 11 after I had been running around with the kids and driving them home, so im usally hungry afterwards no matter what I had for dinner


here's how they looked fresh out of the oven, before I put them together. They're much prettier open faced, which I guess we could have eaten them that way, just messier.

3 comments:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Pretty! Just thinking about them on some fococcia made me drool a bit.

I'm hoping for a food processor from the in-laws for Christmas and if I get one I'm totally going to make my own pesto.

LilacClouds said...

oooh I want a food processor pretty badly myself, have fun with it if you do get one :)

Mama said...

So totally making these....mmmmm.