Thursday, November 19, 2009

Defining sufficiency

2 Corinthians 12:9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me


Portions of this verse have been popping up for me lately, and my question is this, what does it mean?Sufficiency is Christ, in the trinity really. what does that mean? how do I live this in my daily life?


Ive been going through alot of stuff lately, some really hard decisions are having to be made.Ive been talking off and on to a friend about the situation and Ive been getting really frustrated because for the most part I've been getting a lot of christian-ese of how God will provide and no situation is too big for God etc when all I was really wanting was a ear to listen to, a shoulder to cry on and some it will be ok's


I was thinking about this the other day because I've basically stopped talking to her about this particular situation because I wasn't getting what I wanted/needed but then it hit me, she was teaching me to rely on the complete sufficiency of The alpha and omega.


but I don't know how to do this, she has been in a similar situation and I was the one telling her how He will provide etc, but I cant seem to take that advise for myself.


when all seems lost or hopeless in a situation how to listen and hear and rely on His complete sufficiency, grace and unconditional love?


I pray for eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to be open to the path He has for me and in this situation for it to be very obvious, because I'm very oblivious most of the time.

No comments: