Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My First Thanksgiving

I've said this before but for the first few years I was married, I hated to cook, barely did it. Since moving to the bay area though I started cooking more. partically because I had more time and partially because Jackson didnt want to cook as much anymore because our new apartment didn't have a gas stove.


Flash forward to last year, Im fresh out of my home experience group and I was inspired and brave enough to tackle a turkey. That and my friend Lulu had done it before and said she would be my moral support/sous chef.


I prepared for weeks. Planning the menu, finding the right recipes that didnt sound intimidating. Shopping for a gravy boat, linens and all the ingredients.oh the list, so many lists, I loved it!


The day before comes around Lulu come over. we prep the turkey,bake pies, she makes cranberry sauce we have Kung fu panda on an endless loop in the background (I still have yet to watch the movie again) and it was fun



Thanksgiving day comes around and for the most part went off without a hitch. there were some timing issues, and my silly oven almost burnt the rolls, but everything turned out edible and my table looked beautiful. Larry the turkey was yummy.

it turned out so well that Im doing it again this year. i even started a tradition last year, Lulu is coming over wednesday again to help prep. it makes me happy



my matching napkins with leaf placecards, I was quite proud


The pretty table complete with rolls, turkey and gravy




Yummy, Yummy side dishes

1 comment:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I forgot you hated cooking. That's so funny how things change.
And your table last year was so pretty. I have no doubt it will be just as wonderful this year. Someday I'll do this but Luke's family will have to become much, much smaller.